View my Guestbook
Free Guestbooks by Bravenet.com

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Will you still respect me in the morning? Part Two

With the bye week there isn't a whole bunch of ND news out there. It seems hits are down at all ND sites while fans too rest and do other things on a Saturday. Charlie’s already explained about the seven coaches being on the road and the type practices for those during this bye. Some of the coaches will come off the road and he will tag team them with others.

Monday of course it's UCLA.

We know Charlie is on the road doing book interviews for the Hannah and Friends Foundation. I really don’t need to go into this charity explanation wise because all of us know what it means to Maura, he and others affected with this medical problem. Those are book interviews, radio and television appearances. Yes the purpose is for the Hannah foundation. As a Fan I am aware of the issue that this brings Charlie Weis and Notre Dame into a segment of society that never even thought of Notre Dame.

I have to smile at some Fans remarks like from Colorado, Nevada, Arizona and even my self, from Kentucky when we do say “It’s lonely being an ND fan here.” I think Lucky Us. I’ve mentioned Weis is ‘Invading the South’ as an article about recruiting. He and the others are back into Chicago, Cincinnati, Florida, California and Texas. Since you can’t separate the Charlie Weis and Notre Dame from the father of Hannah, these tours help ND invade all corners of the country.

I am really stunned with the amount of ND and Coach Weis publicity. We went from ignored and seldom thought of to every State in the union. Think of that. I’d say next to JoePa he is the most recognized face in the country all in 22 months. Sure some of the publicity has been ugly sort of what he calls his own face.
Sniping by talking heads like Mark Mays et al. I was once myself quick on the trigger to defend him and Notre Dame. I will continue to do so but these attacks no longer upset me or even bring out anger. I suppose it is like all say about comparing ND to the Yankees. You love em or hate em.

I probably couldn’t convert a hater into a lover no matter what I say here. I started realizing all the hate chatter was bringing ND free publicity. I once saw an article “People you love to hate.” The Top 10 heavy’s in the movie industry. If you realize it those are the meaty roles. You might not recognize the names but you can’t forget their faces. It included a few names you know, Lee Van Cleef, Skip Homier, Lee Marvin when they were heavy’s. Not to sound UN Christian but you wanted them to be shot or beat up by the ‘good guy.’ So there is something to be said about being the hated and having a Coach who gets along with just four hours sleep a day.

1 Comments:

At Mon Oct 16, 05:54:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sean I'll get you the other later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web http://gofightingirishfootball.blogspot.com/